Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gladiators Ready!

I caught the premiere of American Gladiators and I was surprised by the female gladiators. They're not what I expected to see. My favorite right now is "Crush". Don't let her innocent smile deceive you cuz she can actually kick some butt. I found out she's a MMA fighter specializing in Muay Thai. That's AWESOME! For this drawing I had some tonal laying around that I decided to use. I've seen comic book artists use a technique where they use pure black on tonal paper then add in the whites. I was afraid of using pure black on some places so I ended up using some black pencil to add another tone.


This one I did a week after other drawing. I was watching American Gladiators agian as I was sketching this out in my sketchbook. I splashed some color in afterwards on photoshop.

1 comment:

huenink said...

Great looking "Crush". I really like the use of solid black. I can't stop watching, and laughing, at the new American Gladiators.

In response to your comment on my blog, yes I do keep up both blogs. The Tumblr account is primarily art/design commentary/posts. The Blogspot account is for friends who want to know what I'm up to. I've decided to separate it into two blogs so employers don't get to know me too well.