Friday, December 28, 2007

Final Projects

Here are my Final Projects for my 2 art classes this past Fall, Beginning Maya and Intermediate Paining.

Beginning Maya




For our final we had to model a vehicle of our choice and animate a turnaround. I chose the X-wing from Star Wars. I think I had a little too much fun working on it. As it was rendering, I was watching A New Hope for sound effects just so I could get it as authentic as possible and because Star Wars is awesome!


Intermediate Painting

Our Final was based on the concept of "Self Reflection". I chose to play with Norman Rockwell's idea of Triple Self portrait. I noticed he had a Spartan Helmet on his easel so I used it since SJSU are Spartans. I thought it would be cool having me paint myself as a Spartan. As I was painting, my teacher told me to change the Spartan into the style of Francis Bacon. At first I didn't like the idea, but then it started to become fun painting in someone else's style. It was funny seeing people's reaction as I was painting it. People thought I was bottling up feelings haha. I thought it was interesting how a style can totally change a mood in a painting.

This is still a work in progress because there's a lot of things I need to fix up.

This is a close up of my back. My teacher got me to use my palette knife as an alternative to a paintbrush. Most of "me" in the foreground was done using a palette knife just to pop myself out more from the middle ground. I used it sparingly throughout the painting so that it looks like one consistent piece.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a nice X-wing!