Monday, June 1, 2009

Cards

My parents are throwing a party celebrating my recent graduation. Since I already did stuff with some friends, this is mainly for family members. My mom was going to send out store bought cards but since I just got a degree in illustration, I thought it would be more special to send out a card I designed myself. We're going to have roasted pig at the party so I thought that should be a part of the drawing. When I joked about putting my soon to be 1 year old pup in the drawing, my mom liked the idea.

Here are some of the sketches I came up with
I'm pretty happy with how it came out especially how fast I had to have it done by to get it sent out. Although I was really bummed out when the prints came out darker than what I had. All the small extra things I did like having pastel textures and pushing things back just got lost. I didn't have time nor the money to send it off and get it printed again. So with that said, this is how it supposed to look like minus all the text.

1 comment:

Chanvannark Kath said...

your work has improved once again! Happy graduation man!!! It sucks, you had to get kinda sick. But best of luck haha....