Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thank You Cards

Now that I have finished writing out all my Thank You Cards and sent them all out, I can finally share my image. I really liked how this one came out. I had a general idea of what it would look like but I was amazed how cool it looked when I had my handwriting on there. It was a nice surprise. After I was done with the card and showed it to my Mom, she insisted that I throw Kobe in the card since he was in the Invitations. At the party, Kobe was pretty much defending himself from my cousin's dog, Gizmo the whole time. I thought it would be pretty funny to have him passed out from exhaustion. The card to me still looked plain so I added a border. For the icons, of course there is the traditional Cap and Diploma to signify Graduation. The bottom icons I used to represent my college career. You have the Shrunkenheadman Logo on the left which is our Animation/Illustration club and on the right is a Spartan Helmet, representing San Jose State.

A Sketch of Me writing stuff on a Notepad

The actual card minus my written message to my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.



This was the original Thank You card I created after the party. I wanted to go with a simple approach, so I thought I'd draw Kobe and I in the style of PEANUTS. It was fun drawing myself like this but I had to agree with my Parents that it was looking too kiddie. Anyway I thought I'd share this pic as well.

No comments: